Thursday, November 13, 2008

Dinner Time Conversation

Growing up for me and now dinner conversation with my family has always been the best. So I try and implement that in my own family. Just to ask them how their day went by saying" What was favorite thing you did at school", "What did you eat for lunch" (Which this question they seem to always know the most of), "What was the saddest thing that happened at school" So I am informed on everything even if it is only coming out of my kids mouth it is still conversation.
So the other night at the dinner table I was just being myself and I said: Let's eat and be marry!
DJ: I don't want to get married.
Austin: You have to when you get big.
Mom: You should after a mission and college.
Austin: Yeah then we can kiss them when we are married.
Mom: Yeah I would wait until then that sounds like a good idea.
It is just so cute and funny how they catch up on the littlest things.
Now the biggest thing around our house is: Mom and Dad you have to be nice because Jesus says so. They think by saying that, it will work when they are in trouble. I think it is cute but I am too mean. So it does show they do learn in church. Even if it is for that reason.

1 comment:

tookiecramer said...

I can totally hear you saying that to start dinner - you crack me up. Austin is not going to have any trouble finding girls to kiss. That boy is too cute - he kills me.