Saturday, January 17, 2009

I never want to become OLD!



So Last weekend my family went to go help out my 85 year old grandma clean her house and kitchen and bathroom and dust. We knew it needed to be done really bad!!! I took on the bathroom and the fridge. Never did I know that I would loose my breakfast in the project! I don't even know when her fridge had been cleaned out last, she had chicken in the freezer since 98', celery in the fridge that was sooooo slimy and the thing that got me was some black slimy gross stuff in the fridge that just stunk! I actually threw up and Mark had to take over. I recommend helping grandma's out.
We filled up a whole garbage full of old and out dated food. If you look at these pics the Mayo is just liquid, the Ketchup was pitch black, the gram crackers package was way out dated and who knows about the rest. I feel bad because we kept making not so nice comments, but I think it would have been really hard to live in the depression, They save everything. Even things that she didn't use she honestly thought someone else could use. But the sad thing was, was that she was really serious. So just remember to help out the elderly especially those close to you!

4 comments:

Emily said...

That makes me throw up a little in my mouth. Thanks Jill.

Shauntel said...

In like '95 we went to move my great grandma to West Valley from Cedar City. She lived in the same house forever. She had prescriptions from '62! She packed her fridge in boxes, not coolers and brought all the stuff to her new house. It was the middle of summer. Everyone was throwing stuff away in Cedar and then again in West Valley. It was awful.

Rass said...

Don't worry Jill, I will help you any time you need me.

Randi said...

All I can say is that is SICK!