Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Bow Hunting in the Boulder Mountains.

We went down to the Boulder Mountains on Thurs. to get ready for the opening of the Deer Hunt which was on Aug. 16th. We had an enjoyable time with my parents, Sharla, Jacqie and Elam. We decided to fish one of those days. We hiked 3 miles in to Deer Creek Lake and Green Lake and hiked 3 out. I have not hiked that much in a long while. But they are gorgeous lakes. Austin and DJ hiked in with us, they were good troopers. I of course wore the wrong shoes so my feet killed, but it was worth it and I was the only one to catch a fish so I out skunked everyone. At Green Lake it is a volcano type lake and the water is so clear you can see the fish swimming everywhere. But they are hard to catch, some weigh 5-8 pounds. BUt of course not mine. But it was good tastin'.

On Saturday started the big hunt. My dad hit a 4 point and tracked it for hours but could not find it. So they came back to camp to get help to find it. So then again I hiked 2 more miles up and down hillsides so by this time I was really hoping I have lost 10 pounds but when I got home to my dismay I didn't lose any. So opening day no one got anything but we did see quite a few bucks, doe's and fawns.
Sunday Mark was successful with a cute little 3 point. He said it didn't take long to track it. He hit it in a good spot like always! He was excited and so was I so that he didn't have to go hunting every weekend now until it is done.
We love the Boulder Mountains, It is so pretty up there and peaceful we try and go every year. Congrats Mark!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

Helllllooooooo!!!! So it was nice of you to let me in on the fact that you were looking at my blog and didn't evern bother to let me know you had one!! HAHA - Just kidding. I am so excited to see that you have made this big step into the blogging world. You will LOVE it!!! I can't beleive how big your kids are. It seems like it wasn't that long ago I left but we are going on 5 years and wow do kids grow! Your daughter is GORGEOUS!!! YAY - I am still so excited that I can actually keep in contact now!!! Your family is beautiful. It's crazy to think about all the stuff you were going through years back to have a family and now you have such a beautiful one. I am so happy for you!!! Blog you soon!!!

Candace said...

Jill~this is Candace Bradley and I just wanted to tell you thank you for something I am sure you had no idea you did for me!:) MyKella was accepted into Miss Sandy's preschool because you decided to put your son in the morning class!!! So just because of you Kella gets to go to school with her cousin and friends so thanks a bunch for freeing up a spot in the other class. I owe you! Talk to you soon!