Saturday, August 9, 2008

Vacation in Oregon!

Boy am I exhausted!! I never thought vacation or in my case vacationsssss would be so exhausting. I thought they were for relaxing, great nights sleep, shopping, pure enjoyment with friends or family. But not so much in our case, I have been away from my nice and wonderful bed wayyyyyyy to long. So I am excited to sleep in my bed tonight and have one night that Zaydree will sleep through the whole night in her bed. But I shouldn't complain because it was an amazing time in Oregon. Not everyday do you get to see whales right out your condo window within 50-75 yards. (I have many witnesses to that to) We had our Potts family 4 hr reunion up in Oregon. And yes I really mean only 4 hrs. It consisted of us going to the Oregon Aquarium in Newpor and having a dinner after words and walking on the Beach and taking Pictures. But it was worth it to see the many things that we saw up there.
I havn't been there since I was little and Mark use to always go up there with his grandparents for summer vacations so we knew our kids and us would enjoy it.
We went to the Portland Zoo the 2nd day we got there and It was 10 times better than our SLC zoo, it has tons of shade and a whole lot more animals and it is not just focused on the while alligator or elephants. But driving in Portland isn't that easy also, Mark is a great navigator and when he gets lost or turned around in many directions it doesn't make it the easiest of our travels. Then the next day we went to the waterfalls and the Gorge and it was gorgeous but it was a rainy day, so we headed down to Depoe Bay where our condo and reunion was.
Saturday was the big reunion day and I told you what happened there.
Sunday we went to the light house on a self guided tour, shopped down town shops and spent to much money, and had the Potts family over for family night to watch the whales and go swimming. Yes I said swimming, not in the ocean which was way to cold but the swimming pool in the condo and that wasn't the first or last time of our swimming it went on for 10 days straight. I think kids don't really care for vacation they just want to swim 10 times a day all day long, at least mine do.
Monday we went to the Hatfield museum with many fish that was hands on and we had a good time there, Zaydree just loves fish so I think this vacation was just for her.
Tuesday my Parents flew out so it was just us so we went to the underseas museum, Wax works and Ripleys believe it or not. And let me tell you a funny story at Ripley's we have all our kids and the girl that was checking us out was hitting on Mark which I thought was funny but, then turns to him and says those 2 boys look just like their Dad.(Austin and DJ) Is the girl yours too? Mark just said yes and didn't want to ruin it for her on the boys and make her feel even stupider for the comment she made and the flirting she was doing. Put now everywhere I go people always just assume Zaydree is the adopted one and not the boys so I fill everyone in and let them know all of my children are adopted so no one is left out they are all special to us.
Wednesday we walked many Beaches looking for sand dollars, sea shells and anything else we could find. Mark found a sand dollar that had only a tiny part broken from it so that was cool, I found so star fish and a bigger crab that wandered up to shore and we took pics, Austin found some cool sea shells that we kept.
Thursday we went into Lincoln city and went shopping and the Tangent Outlets like the ones in Park city and got some cute clothes and shoes for all of us and ate at many wonderful seafood joints. Being on the coast and loving seafood are two added bonuses because their clam chowders, crab legs, halibut, salmon, shrimp were to die for.
Friday we flew out but before that we made sure to have a stop at Chuck E. Cheeses for the kids and for DJ's birthday.
Word of advice when flying especially with a 2 year old always fly coach and not first class because when you do you get many unfriendly people that want to kill you or kidnap your child, lesson learned always use sky miles for coach and not first class.

1 comment:

tookiecramer said...

That cracked me up. The Hogle Zoo does focus way too much on the white crocodile or white alligator, or whatever. It looks kind of dead and doesn't really move much. There are much more interesting things to see.