Sunday, April 19, 2009

So we recently just got home from a family vacation from California and to my lead foot I receive a big old fat TICKET! Yes my first ticket in 13 years. Here is the proof!

The funny thing is that just before I got it near Cedar City we were talking on the radio to our friends about how I go fast but have never been caught. And I was driving because Mark had thrown out his back. Plus I was saying that it is kind of a boring drive to get to St. George in some areas and I think that is why I have a lead foot. 2 other cars were ahead of me and we were passing the slow vehicles through fillmore/beaver and coming around a bend they got into a the slow lane and I couldn't get in fast enough but when I saw the cop I knew I was busted. It was so hard for me to not laugh. Not that it was funny or anything, just the fact that if Mark was driving and got a ticket I would've been pissed, but knowing this was my first real ticket I tried really hard not to laugh. My kids really didn't know what to think. I think they were into the movie too much or else I know my boys would have given me crap. They always say, "mom put on your seat belt or you will go to jail." Luckily they never knew what was really going on with mom going 84 in a 75. (Well that's what he wrote on the ticket, but I think I was going a little faster.)

2 comments:

tookiecramer said...

Couldn't you or Mark have shown that cop a little leg and gotten out of the ticket?

Shauntel said...

Ryan really likes the Fillmore/Beaver area.