Sunday, September 28, 2008

My 30th Birthday Party!

Well today was the big day for me! I didn't quite know what to expect, I hit the big 3 0! But my husband and family were amazing! My husband threw me a party that I didn't know about. He invited my friends and we headed to Provo for the day. He surprised me by taking us to a ice arena by Seven Peaks, because he knows I love to ice skate. He bought hockey sticks for all of us to play hockey there but we weren't allowed to play so we will have to save them for this winter out at the fairgrounds.
Then he surprised me with a wonderful birthday gift, He bought me a mother's ring with all the kids' birth stones in it. He picked it out himself. I was very impressed! Then we headed to one of my favorite restaurants P F Changs and had a very enjoyable time! I have the most supported family and friends in the whole world, I am quite lucky to have them in my life! (Or they are just so lucky to have me in their life, I haven't figured it out yet.) Then Sunday, we had our Primary Program and I promised all the kids if they sang well I would have cupcakes and they did AWESOME! But instead I had Krispy Kreme doughnuts. I was very proud of all of them! So it started off as a great birthday. Then my dad and sister cooked an wonderful meal while my mom was away. I think my dad is a chef on the side, but never tells my mom because she is an amazing cook also. And had family over for the dinner and we opened gifts and had dessert which Jeni and Brandi made. Yum, Brownies and Blueberry Cheesecake my two favorites! SO all in all I guess 30 isn't so bad, I just need to loose 15 more pounds and I guess it won't be so depressing! Thank you to all my family and friends for a wonderful B-day!
p.s Hey Kelly, Shauntel and Debra, Thank you soooooooo much for the Spotted Dick Pudding it sure will come in handy for my 72 hour pack! Love ya guys!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

Spotted WHAT pudding????? Happy Birthday girl! It sounds like you had a ball!!

tookiecramer said...

You are fast! I'm glad you had a good rest of your birthday. Enjoy the "dirty thirties".

Rachel said...

Welcome to the 30 something club.

Advice from Ordinary People Flourishing Together said...

These are super fun picture. I so wish I could have been having fun with all you guys. Happy Birthday again.