Monday, October 20, 2008

Watch out David Beckham!




So tonight was our last night of soccer and for some reason every year or season I get talked into coaching (not that I don't mind, it's the fact that I have a daughter that isn't that helpful.) But it is soooooo much fun to see your kids progress through the years as they start out in sports. Mark and I are quite competitive when it comes to sports and we try not to push it to much on our kids, I think we explain that sport to our kids and let it go from there. If they enjoy it we help them along and try to help them excel in that sport. But not to brag to much I honestly can't believe how far our little Austin who is 6 has excelled! Every game he is after the ball and tries to get as many goals as possible. The first game he just moped around and I told him I would give him a dollar if he made a goal and he really went after it and scored. So the rest of games he scored an average of 4-5 goals a game and kept asking for dollars, but I told him it was for the first game only but made him feel special about every game he played. Grandma & pa were there and Mark and one goal tonight was awesome, it was from half court on a soccer field over all the kids heads and past the goalie. Yes these kids are only 4-6 years old but everyone cheered and I was so proud of what he has accomplished this season. I will show a pic of him hanging on my leg when he was 4 and a pic from now. Also this was DJ's first year playing and he did a good job, he had to make sure after every time he kicked the ball that I gave him a high five he was excited. It will be fun to see how he will progress through the years also! So David Beckham if you read this and want to personally come to my house and give my 6 year old pointers feel free and come over any time I will be home!

No comments: